CO sickens family on houseboat, one man dies

Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) An Arizona man lost his life but not before saving others from carbon monoxide poisoning at Lake Powell.

Eight members of an Arizona family had moored their boat in Rock Creek Bay. A 62-year-old man woke up early this morning and realized something was wrong. He was able to help get the others to the outside deck, but then apparently had a heart attack and died.

The others were taken by helicopter to a hospital in Page, Arizona, then transferred to St. George for treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.

Investigators suspect carbon monoxide had built up in a lower level of the boat.

It's not clear whether the heart attack was connected to the carbon monoxide poisoning

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast