Fire damages home in Kearns

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A simple mistake caused a Kearns home to catch fire this morning.

The woman living in the home near 6000 West and 6100 South left for a few minutes to pick up her child and forgot about some food cooking on the stove. By the time she got back the house was filled with smoke.

Firefighters quickly contained the blaze, but not before it caused nearly $30,000 worth of damage.

No one was hurt.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast