Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — Some late-night diners at a Salt Lake Burger King restaurant had their meals interrupted when a van burst into flames near the building.
Fire officials say when they arrived on scene just before 2 a.m., the van was fully engulfed in flames.
People at the Burger King near 2100 South and Redwood Road had already evacuated themselves when fire crews arrived.
They put the fire out quickly, and everyone was able to return to the building safely.
Fire officials say they found nothing suspicious with the fire, and an investigation team was not called out.
They say the van likely caught fire due to a mechanical or electrical issue.