News / Utah / Local

Fire damages attic in Grantsville home

By Pat Reavy | Posted - Jan 12th, 2013 @ 3:14pm


5 photos

GRANTSVILLE — Crews responded to a small house fire here overnight.

The incident happened about 1 a.m. at a house that had been undergoing some remodeling, said Grantsville Fire Chief Bret Anderson.

"It's just got some old wiring that somehow crossed and created a spark and lit a little fire in the attic. So insulation was on fire," he said.

A mother and three children were able to evacuate safely. A damage estimate was not immediately available, but Anderson believed the house was still livable.

Photos

KSL Weather Forecast

Updated: Sunday May 27, 2018 10:51 pm