Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
HOOPER — Investigators think a wood-burning stove is to blame for a fire that damaged a Hooper family's home.
When firefighters arrived at the home near 6200 West and 5500 South just after 9 p.m. Sunday, they saw flames shooting from the attic.
All family members had safely escaped the home.
Crews tried to get inside the burning building, but the fire was too hot so they fought flames from the outside.
The fire did about $180,000 in damage.