Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
ROY — Fire crews responded to a fire at Herefordshire Apartments in Roy Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out at 4500 South 1900 West in Roy. No injuries were reported.
Nica Gilmore, a resident of the apartment complex, said the destruction is "devastating," but her family is safe.
"I was on the way home, and my husband texted me and told me he could smell smoke," she said. "He looked out the back window and there were just flames going everywhere."
According to Gilmore, residents of all 12 apartments in the effected building have been displaced.
"The firefighters told us to hang tight, they'll let us know what's going on, and the Red Cross will help," she said, adding that her apartment seems to be a total loss: her family's belongings "all gone."
The Red Cross is currently on scene to assist with the more than 20 displaced individuals.
"We are prepared to provide food, clothing and shelter to those affected by this fire," said Logan Sisam, Emergency Services Director. "If that means opening a shelter, we are fully equipped to do so."