Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
Randall Jeppesen and Sam Penrod ReportingAn Orem neighborhood is mourning the death of a man who died yesterday in a house fire.
So far, the investigation is leading toward the possibility that the fire was an accident because the fire started in the kitchen. Witnesses saw flames coming from the stove, and it's possible food that was cooking started the house on fire.
The fire broke out at a home Orem yesterday just before 5 p.m. and killed a man who was found in a doorway leading into the hall.
The victim of the fire was 36-year-old Kevin Eric Seipert.
Seipert's wife and two daughters had gone to church and were on their way home when the fire broke out. His family told firefighters that Kevin Seipert had not been feeling well and had stayed home.
Firefighters were able to get the fire out within just a few minutes, but by then it was too late for Kevin.
Now his neighbors are rallying around this family as they deal with this tragedy. Neighbor Leah Crist said, "They are really in great need in lots of ways: food, shelter and funeral expenses, anything; so that's what we're hoping for, people to realize what it would be like in that situation and reach out and help them."
Neighbors say the fire has been traumatizing for them and for children who are friends with the victim's two young daughters.
Investigators hope to have more answers about all the factors in the fire, in the next few days.
A fund has been set up to help the family. You can make a donation at any Zions Bank branch under the name of Catia Seipert.