Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) Four people are homeless this morning, after their garage went up in flames.
The fire started at a Riverton home at 2600 West 12900 South around 2:00 this morning.
Unified Fire Authorities say it started outside the garage and quickly spread to parts of the house. There is extensive water and smoke damage to the home.
Four people inside got out safely.
Authorities say everyone needs to be extra cautious, especially during the next few weeks.
Battalion Chief Lowell Mikolash/Unified Fire Authority: "People need to be extremely careful this holiday season, especially with the people who want to burn in their fireplaces and Christmas trees dry out. Same thing we've said for years. So I just hope that people are very careful. We don't want anybody injured."
No word yet on the cause.