Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
RIVERTON -- Snow made it more difficult for crews to get to a house fire in Riverton.
The homeowners called 911 around 10:30 a.m. when they saw smoke coming from the attic of their home near 1200 West and 13340 South.
By the time crews arrived the flames had broken through the ceiling.
Capt. Mike Greensides, with the Unified Fire Authority, said, "We have to drive safe. So with the extra snow on the ground we have to make sure we're safe and not putting the public at peril."
Everyone inside the house got out safely, but the house suffered approximately $250,000 in damages.
Investigators are focusing on whether wiring or heating issues sparked the fire.