News / Utah / 

Fire at Taylorsville home causes $75K in damage

Posted - May 15, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.


13 photos

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

TAYLORSVILLE -- A fire that started in the garage of a Taylorsville home cost the family who lives there thousands of dollars.

Fire officials say the homeowner had been working on his snowblower in the garage at the home near 5600 South and 3300 West.

He went into the home and about an hour later, around 1:30 p.m., he heard a strange noise.

"He began to hear a popping sound from the garage, went to investigate and found it heavily enveloped in fire," said Capt. Clint Smith with the Unified Fire Department.

Flames quickly engulfed the garage and spread to an upstairs bedroom.

Fire crews were able to put out the blaze, but it caused more than $75,000 in damage.

Photos

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast