Poll: Only 30% of Utahns support removing requirement that income taxes be spent on education
Just 30% of Utah voters support amending the state constitution to remove the requirement that all income tax revenues be spent on education, a new poll finds.
Latest News & Features
Ashley Kewish, KSL TV | Posted Aug 23rd - 9:19pm
A 4-year-old girl has undergone multiple surgeries after being seriously burned in a van fire in Saratoga Springs in July.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 8:47pm
The Gateway mall continued its ongoing reinvention Friday with the opening of its first grocery store named, appropriately, The Store.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 8:05pm
RSL has won 10 of the last 12 Rocky Mountain Cups. That's cooled off the once-heated rivalry, but it's not the only reason.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 7:07pm
The Navajo Nation has settled claims against Wells Fargo accusing the company of predatory and unlawful practices.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 5:52pm
The U.S. Air Force has awarded Boeing a contract for replacement wings for more than 100 A-10 jets, covering the remaining ground support jets still needing wing replacements.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 4:05pm
The Goose Point Fire, which started burning in Utah County Wednesday evening, had reached 8,908 acres and was 90% contained as of Friday afternoon.
Jessica Gresko and Marilynn Marchione, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 3:33pm
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed radiation therapy for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas and there is no evidence of the disease remaining, the Supreme Court said Friday.
Green Light Auto Inspections | Posted Aug 23rd - 3:00pm
Many people have horror stories about buying a car with more problems than they could count. That and many other reasons are why you should get an independent inspection.
John Clyde, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Aug 23rd - 2:49pm
I never knew the migrating patterns of a mattress was so fascinating.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 2:05pm
The detective tasked with helping University of Utah student Lauren McCluskey was fired months later for showing a “complete dereliction of duty.”
Lindsay Whitehurst and David Crary, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 1:28pm
Planned Parenthood clinics in several states are charging new fees, tapping financial reserves, intensifying fundraising and warning of more unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases after its decision to quit a $260 million federal family planning program in an abortion dispute with the Trump administration.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 12:13pm
Tom Nissalke, the first head coach for the Utah Jazz following their move from New Orleans 1979, died Thursday. He was 87.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 12:07pm
The man accused of murdering University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck appeared in court Friday on separate charges of sexual assault.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 11:35am
As Utahns make their way to the mountains for hiking and biking before summer comes to an end, law enforcers are encouraging residents to not only take valuables out of their cars, but also lock the doors.
Morgan Smith, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 11:02am
Utah legislators were moving Thursday to scrap a planned state-run medical marijuana dispensary system after county attorneys said it would put public employees at risk of being prosecuted under federal drug laws.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 10:33am
Police arrested a man who they say exposed himself to three women and an 11-year-old girl in Layton this week, according to jail records.
- Prep football: Week 2 scores and schedule
- 4-year-old girl has toes amputated following Saratoga Springs van fire
- Heber City man charged with raping teen
- Utah-based grocer The Store opens in The Gateway
- So-called flushable wipes are clogging sewer lines, officials say
- Detective in Lauren McCluskey case was fired months later for ‘dereliction of duty’
- KSL College Football Pick'em returns for 2019
- Trump raises tariffs on Chinese goods as trade war escalates
- Poll: Only 30% of Utahns support removing requirement that income taxes be spent on education
- Have You Seen This? The fiery 100-mph pitch at Lagoon
- Smoky Mountains visitor returns rock from falls taken as a souvenir
- Here's why tiger muskies can now be found in 3 of Utah’s higher-elevated lakes
- Boulder traveled over 2K feet before crashing into Springville family's porch, state officials say
- Angels Landing trail in Zion temporarily closed for repairs