Family Left Homeless After House Burns Second Time

Family Left Homeless After House Burns Second Time

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

A Fruit Heights family is homeless tonight after fire broke out in their house for a second time early this morning.

Chad and Ann Edgington and their six children had already vacated the home yesterday afternoon after the flu pipe of a fireplace pellet stove ignited and damaged the back wing of the house.

Kaysville firefighters doused the flames and checked for hot spots, but about 4:30 this morning the flames rekindled, and this time, the home is a total loss.

"We had a family prayer this morning and prayed for the fire fighters that they would be OK and thanked them for what they'd done," Chad Edgington says. "I expressed my appreciation to them this morning, and I know they're sick about what happened."

The Edgington's homeowners insurance should cover most of the damage.

As for all the Christmas presents destroyed, Davis High School students today raised $3,000 for the family.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast