Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(Salt Lake City-- KSL TV) A Spanish Fork family was able to make it out of their burning home safely thanks to a passing motorist.
The driver was going past the house shortly after midnight when he spotted smoke and flames coming from the home's chimney at 865 East 400 North in Spanish Fork.
The motorist then knocked on the door of the house, waking the family and alerting them to the flames.
Captain Joe Jarvis of the Spanish Fork City Fire Department sayd, "They did have the fireplace, they had gone to bed and left the fireplace going."
The fire was mainly confined to the chimney and roof of the home, although damage is still estimated in the $25,000 range. The residents had just moved into the home.