Heater malfunction blamed for school bus fire

Heater malfunction blamed for school bus fire

Save Story

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(File photo)

AMERICAN FORK -- A mechanical malfunction sparked a fire that destroyed a bus belonging to the Alpine School District.

Someone walking past the school district's garage near 1400 South and 100 East saw the bus engulfed in flames and called 911 around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Crews knocked down the fire quickly, but not before it also damaged two other buses. Those buses are still usable.

It will cost the district about $75,000 to replace the destroyed bus.

Investigators say said it appears an electric heater malfunctioned and started the fire.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast