Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) Things got a little too hot at a popular Holladay restaurant overnight.
Fire crews were called to the Hong Kong Cafe at 1990 E. Murray-Holladay Road around 2:00 this morning, after a passerby noticed flames and smoke.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found flames had engulfed the west wall of the building.
Once the external fire was put out, firefighters were able to move inside and battle the flames.
Damage is estimated at $25,000. The fire is being blamed on faulty wiring.