Estimated read time: Less than a minute
(KSL News) Things got a little too hot at a popular Holladay restaurant overnight.
Fire crews were called to the Hong Kong Cafe at 1990 E. Murray-Holladay Road around 2:00 this morning, after a passerby noticed flames and smoke.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found flames had engulfed the west wall of the building.
Once the external fire was put out, firefighters were able to move inside and battle the flames.
Damage is estimated at $25,000. The fire is being blamed on faulty wiring.