Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 big cans kidney bans, rinsed
1 can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
black olives, sliced
tortillas, sliced into strips
1) Saute onion and ground beef until all the pink is gone from the meat. Drain fat off.
2) Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Heat through.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4) Meanwhile, mix cottage cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of cheddar cheese in a bowl.
5) Slice tortillas.
6) Layer 1/3 of meat and bean mixture on bottom of lasagna pan. Then a layer of tortillas. Then 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat.
7) End with meat and top with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Then layer black olives.
8) Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes.