Fire Guts Home in Sugarhouse

Fire Guts Home in Sugarhouse


Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL-TV) Fire officials believe electrical problems were behind the fire that ripped through a home in Sugar House.

The fire started in the attic around 4:30 yesterday morning.

Dennis McKone, Salt Lake City Fire Dept.: "The heavy snowpack insulated the roof for a long time, so that got the fire being able to cook good."

Both people inside and their pets managed to escape unharmed.

The fire caused the roof to collapse.

Total damage is around $200,000.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast