Microwave fire causes $10K in damage to SSL home


Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH SALT LAKE -- Smoke damage from a fire in a microwave will cost a South Salt Lake family thousands of dollars.

Fire officials said the residents of a home near 300 Utopia Avenue noticed smoke coming from the appliance just after 3 a.m. Thursday and called 911.

By the time crews arrived, the flames were out, but smoke had permeated the whole house.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Utah

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast