Family Homeless After House Fire

Family Homeless After House Fire

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A Clearfield family is homeless this morning after their house goes up in flames.

It happened just before 10:00 last night.

Family Homeless After House Fire

The Heineach family was inside at 213 E. 2450 South when the flames broke out, but at first they didn't think it was a fire.

Jodi Heineach/ Homeowner: "Me and my husband and my two kids were sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden our house started shaking like it was an earthquake."

It wasn't an earthquake. When the family got outside they discovered their garage totally engulfed in flames.

No one was hurt. But firefighters say 50 percent of the house is destroyed.

The loss is even deeper for this family of four, who now have nowhere to live and say they've lost everything.

Family Homeless After House Fire

Jodi Heineach: "We're just renting, so there's no insurance on the house. So yeah, it's a loss."

No word yet on the cause. Investigators hope to know more later today.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast