Teen Burned by Home-Made Torch

Teen Burned by Home-Made Torch

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(Riverton-AP) -- A Riverton teen is being hospitalized in serious condition after being burned by a home-made torch.

Salt Lake County fire officials say the 14-year-old was at a sleep-over with friends and was using a spray cologne and a flame as a torch when he burned himself around four a-m Sunday. Officials say he had second and third-degree burns on his chest and abdomen.

The boy's mother picked him up to take him to the hospital but emergency crews met her and transferred him to a helicopter which took him to University hospital.

Fire officials say the boy is in the burn unit in serious condition.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast