Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) Nearly one dozen people are forced from their homes while crews battle a late night blaze in South Salt Lake.
Authorities say the fire started inside a woman's apartment at 346 E. 3425 South after a cigarette fell into a pile of clothing.
At least 12 people were evacuated while fire crews tried to put out the flames. All residents were eventually allowed back inside.
The woman who lives inside the apartment where the fire began was left homeless for the night. She was also treated for smoke inhalation.
Damage is estimated at $2500.