(Salt Lake City-AP) -- Expect traffic delays Saturday. The inaugural Salt Lake City Marathon and 5-K means six-thousand runners and a lot of road closures.
Race organizers are trying to put out the word on what residents can expect.
The 26-mile race that starts at seven a-m slinks through residential and commercial routes. The major streets that will be impacted will be Foothill Boulevard, 23-hundred East, the Van Winkle Express Way and 500 East.
The race will also impact public transportation.
Utah Transit Authority officials say 15 bus routes will be affected, along with TRAX service in downtown.
Race organizers say as soon as the last runner clears the course, they plan to pull all the barricades and let people back through.
- Wasatch Drive: One northbound lane open.
- Foothill Drive: Closed to westbound at Wasatch Dr. and southbound closed from Wasatch Dr. to 2100 South.
- 2100 South: Closed from Foothill Drive to 2100 East; westbound closed from 2300 East to 1700 East; closed from 1700 East to 1300 East.
- Sugar House Park: Completely closed for duration.
- 1700 East: Southbound closed from 2100 South to Parley's Canyon Blvd.
- Parleys Canyon Blvd.: Closed from 1700 East to 2000 East.
- 2000 East: Southbound closed from Parleys Canyon Blvd. to 3300 South; closed from -3300 South to Keller Lane (3540 South).
- Keller Lane (3540 South): Completely closed from 2000 East to 2300 East.
- 2300 East: Southbound closed from Keller Lane to Murray-Holladay Road.
- Holladay Blvd.: One southbound and one northbound lane open from Murray Holladay Road to Arbor Lane.
- Holladay Blvd.: Southbound closed from Arbor Lane to 6200 South.
- 6200 South: Closed from Holladay Blvd. to 2300 East; westbound closed from 2300 East to Van Winkle Expressway.
- Van Winkle Express Way: Northbound closed from 6200 South to 4500 South.
- 4500 South: Westbound closed from 700 East to 500 East.
- 500 East: Northbound closed from 4500 South to 3900 South; completely closed from 3900 South to 2700 South; northbound closed from 2700 South to 2100 South; closed from 2100 South to 1300 South.
- 1300 South: Closed from 500 East to 700 East.
- Liberty Park: The east side of the loop closed.
- 900 South: Completely closed from 700 East to 500 East; westbound closed from 500 East to State Street.
- State Street: Northbound closed from 900 South to 500 South; southbound closed, one northbound open from 500 South to 400 South.
- 400 South: Closed from State Street to West Temple.
- West Temple: Northbound closed all the way from 400 South to 200 South.
- 200 South: Westbound closed from West Temple to Rio Grande
- Rio Grande: Closed through The Gateway shopping center to the finish line. (Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)