Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(Salt Lake City-AP) -- An eight-year-old boy is recovering in the hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake.
It happened while the boy was hiking with a scouting group in the Wasatch-Cache National Forest last night.
Sandy fire officials say the boy found the baby rattlesnake and started playing with it around 7:30 p-m and the snake bit the boy on the finger.
The group put the snake in a water bottle and hiked down to a trailhead where they met paramedics.
The boy was taken to Alta View Hospital. Sandy fire officials say he has a swollen hand but no other serious side effects.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)