Fire Leaves Midvale Family Homeless

Fire Leaves Midvale Family Homeless

Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) An overnight fire forces a family into the streets in Midvale.

Crews say three agencies responded to the blaze just after midnight near 7600 South.

Fire Leaves Midvale Family Homeless

Firefighters arrived at 7675 S. Allen Street to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the front of the home.

They believe the swamp cooler may have caused the blaze.

Capt. Jay Thomas/ Midvale Fire Dept.: "With swamp coolers it's water. Water and electricity, and that's not a good combination."

The family escaped the home safely.

Fire Leaves Midvale Family Homeless

Firefighters say the first floor of the home is destroyed. They estimate damage to be around $65,000.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast