Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) -- A fire ripped through a building under construction in St. George.
Pictures taken by a St. George resident who witnessed the fire show the thick smoke that poured from the building for several minutes this morning.
Investigators say it started when a welder accidentally ignited the insulation material on the floor above him.
It took 60 firefighters to contain the blaze. There were no injuries, but the building owner estimates damages between 50 and 75 thousand dollars.