This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
(KSL News) Residents living in an American Fork mobile home park had their evening disrupted Saturday because of natural gas escaping from a gas meter.
People from all 50 units of the American Campground were evacuated, and told to wait at a nearby park. The gas company brought in some equipment and went to work to repair the leak.
The meter was damaged when a two-year old jumped into his dad's car while the motor was running, and put it in gear!
"I understand you tried to get into the car to help him?"
Adam Batino: "Yes, I tried to stop the car. But the car went pretty fast and I couldn't do anything."
Residents were inconvenienced for several hours, but no one was hurt.