Estimated read time: Less than a minute
(KSL News) -- An elderly man in South Jordan caught on fire when he tried to jump-start his truck.
He was pouring gasoline into the carburetor while his wife turned the ignition. The truck backfired and sparked a flash fire.
Two people across the street noticed the 86-year old man in flames. They ripped off his clothing and probably prevented him from being more seriously burned.
He's in the hospital in serious condition. He has second degree burns on his face, back, and shoulder.