Air Conditioner Sparks House Fire

Air Conditioner Sparks House Fire

Save Story
Leer en espaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

(KSL News) A man trying to stay cool ended up being forced out of his home by fire.

It happened at 9581 S. 3370 East.

The man was watching television when he says his air conditioner started burning. He went outside and saw smoke coming out of his roof.

He called firefighters, who arrived to see flames.

The flames charred the ceiling and roof, and crews had to pull out shingles.

The homeowner will be able to salvage most of his personal items, but cannot stay in his house tonight.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast