Gas leak forces evacuation in Midvale

Save Story
Leer en EspaƱol

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MIDVALE -- A gas leak forced about a dozen businesses in Midvale to evacuate Friday morning.

Midvale Fire Department spokesman Marty Glover says it happened just after 9 a.m. near 900 East and Fort Union Boulevard. A construction worker hit a two-inch gas main with a backhoe.

Because of the potential danger, crews evacuated nearby buildings. Questar was called in and capped off the leak. The evacuated businesses now have reopened.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast