Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
1 pound bow tie or spiral pasta
2 cups frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 1/2-pound rotisserie or grilled chicken
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup sour cream
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
4 tomatillos, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1) Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. During the final 2 minutes, add the peas and corn, stirring to ensure they don't clump together.
2) Drain the pasta mixture, rinsing it with cool water, then transfer it to a rimmed baking sheet. Spread it in an even layer to dry.
3) Meanwhile, pull apart the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. Chop any large pieces into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, hot sauce and lime juice. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
5) In a second large bowl, combine the sour cream, pasta and vegetable mixture, celery, red onion, carrot and tomatillos. Toss well to coat. Fold in the chicken and cilantro, mixing until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Serve immediately or refrigerate.