Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Here is some of the spending proposed for Utah in an economic stimulus package being considered by the House of Representatives. The Senate is considering a separate stimulus bill. The money would be for this year and the 2009-10 fiscal year.
- Highways and bridges: $221.3 million
- Mass transit: $53.6 million
- Other rail: $4.5 million
- Wastewater treatment: $30.5 million
- Low-income energy assistance: $7.2 million
- Head Start: $4.3 million
- School modernization: $134.3 million
- Education technology grants: $4.8 million
- State budget aid: $617 million
Source: The numbers are based on tables released by the House Appropriations Committee and the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)