Find a list of your saved stories here

2 people, 1 dog injured in fire at Salt Lake homeless camp

Two people and one dog were injured in fire at a Salt Lake homeless camp Wednesday.

Two people and one dog were injured in fire at a Salt Lake homeless camp Wednesday. (Salt Lake City Fire Department)


Save Story

Save stories to read later


Estimated read time: Less than a minute

SALT LAKE CITY — Two people and one dog were burned in a fire at a homeless camp near 1300 South and 500 West in Salt Lake City on Wednesday evening.

Capt. Tony Stowe of Salt Lake City Fire Department said that the two individuals were using an accelerant to start the fire that "got out of control," including one in critical condition, and another with injuries that were not life-threatening. The dog's snout and ears were also burned, Stowe said.

The two people were transported to the hospital, and the dog was taken by animal control, Stowe said.

Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

UtahSalt Lake County
Arianne Brown has been a contributing writer at KSL.com for many years with a focus of sharing heartwarming stories.

STAY IN THE KNOW

Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast