Estimated read time: 2-3 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
SALT LAKE CITY — On Sunday, the Utah Department of Health reported 375 more confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, along with two deaths and 15,236 more vaccines administered.
That brings Utah to 381,629 total cases, 2,062 deaths and 1,152,282 vaccines given since the pandemic began. Nearly 419,000 Utahns are now fully vaccinated, meaning they've received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
There are currently 157 Utahns reported hospitalized due to COVID-19, including 52 in intensive care. Over the past week, the state is averaging 466 new reported cases per day and a positive test rate of 4.1% using the "test over test" measurement.
Sunday's numbers come as 7,990 more tests were conducted since Saturday.
The deaths reported Sunday include a Washington County man over age 85, who was the resident of a long-term care facility, and a Weber County man between ages 65 and 84 who was not hospitalized when he died.
Gov. Spencer Cox and other state leaders are expected to address the public on the latest coronavirus developments during their regular news conference later this week; the conference usually occurs on Thursdays.
On Wednesday, all Utahns over age 16 will become eligible to schedule an appointment to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Saturday: 467 more COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths, over 25K vaccines reported Saturday in Utah
- Friday: 447 more COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths, 31K vaccinations reported Friday in Utah
- Thursday: All Utah adults eligible for COVID-19 vaccine next week as state sees 560 new cases, 5 deaths, 25K vaccinations
- Wednesday: 699 more COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, 27K vaccinations reported Wednesday in Utah
- Tuesday: 481 more COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths, 16K vaccinations reported Tuesday in Utah
- Monday: 221 more COVID-19 cases, 1,671 vaccinations, no new deaths reported Monday in Utah
More information about Utah's health guidance levels is available at coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels.
Information is from the Utah Department of Health and coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts. For more information on how the Utah Department of Health compiles and reports COVID-19 data, visit coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts and scroll down to the "Data Notes" section at the bottom of the page.