Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
SOUTH JORDAN — A construction worker died by electrocution Monday in South Jordan, according to police.
Just after 9 a.m., Shaun Robertson, 50, was working on an electrical box at 3754 W. 11400 South when witnesses say they saw "flashes" while hearing an "explosion" at the same time, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Eric Hill. The witnesses did not initially see the victim, he said.
When emergency crews arrived, they found Robertson.
"It is extremely unfortunate that he was here working and doing his job, and had an unfortunate accident," Hill said.
It was believed Robertson was part of a crew installing underground lines, he said. What exactly caused him to be electrocuted was not immediately known Monday.