SALT LAKE CITY — This Tuesday's primary election will be unlike any ever held before in Utah.
Nominations for congressional seats and the governor's office are on the line. Yet Utahns used to voting in person will find their usual polling places shuttered on Tuesday after the Legislature moved for an all-mail election in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Utah registered voters should by now have received their ballots in the mail. But for a variety of reasons — recent moves, spills, mistaken throwaways — not all of them will be able to return the ballot sent. Despite the lack of in-person voting this year, registered voters in seven Utah counties (Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber, Tooele, Box Elder and Iron) can still receive a ballot and make their choice count in the primary.
Here's how it works: Workers will be stationed at designated locations and will meet voters at their car as they drive through. Registered voters will receive the ballot that corresponds to their party (unaffiliated voters can get a Democratic ballot or register as a Republican to get a Republican ballot at the drive-up site, but voters can't switch from one party to another) and will be directed to deposit the ballot at a county drop box by 8 p.m. after filling it out.
Here are the drive-up locations voters can use this Tuesday:
- Acord Ice Arena, 5353 W. 3100 South, West Valley City
- Butler Middle School, 7530 S. 2700 East, Cottonwood Heights
- Dimple Dell Recreation Center, 10670 S. 1000 East, Sandy
- Gene Fullmer Recreation Center, 8015 S. 2200 West, West Jordan
- Holladay Lions Recreation Center Annex, 1665 E. Murray Holladay Road (4705 S.), Millcreek
- East High School, 840 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City
- Lodestone Park, 6252 W. 6200 South, Kearns
- South Jordan Aquatic Park, 10866 S. Redwood Road (1700 West), South Jordan
- Northwest Recreation Center, 1255 W. Clark Ave. (355 North), Salt Lake City
- Riverton City Park, 1452 W. 12600 South, Riverton
- Sugar House Park - Sugar Beet Pavilion, 1330 E. 2100 South, Salt Lake City
- Wheeler Farm, 6351 S. 900 East, Murray
- American Fork Alpine Tabernacle, 110 E. Main St., American Fork
- BYU Stadium - West Parking Lot, 1700 North Canyon Rd., Provo
- Westlake High School, 99 N. 200 West, Saratoga Springs
- Spanish Fork Fairgrounds, 475 S. Main St., Spanish Fork
- Legacy Events Center, 151 S. 1100 West, Farmington
- Weber County Fairgrounds, 1000 N. 1200 West, Ogden
- Tooele County Administration Building - Basement Auditorium, 47 S. Main, Tooele
- Middle Canyon Elementary, 751 E. 1000 North, Tooele
- Stansbury High School, North Entrance, 5300 Aberdeen Lane, Stansbury Park
- Grantsville Fire Station, 26 N. Center St., Grantsville
- Box Elder County Courthouse, 01 S. Main St., Brigham City
- Iron County Courthouse, 68 S. 100 East, Parowan
The drive-up locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on June 30.