SALT LAKE CITY — As temperatures soar and school lets out, many parents are looking for places to take their kids. Some may even want another place to get out and exercise. Starting Monday they will have more options as Salt Lake County reopens some recreation centers.
This includes the County Ice Center in Murray and the Fairmount Aquatic Center in Salt Lake City.
The Salt Lake City Sports Complex is reopening on June 2.
With much of Salt Lake County in the yellow, low-risk phase, many places are more comfortable opening their pools and gyms.
This includes the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center. Executive Director Patty Hansen said the pools will reopen on June 1 as well, but the center will still follow social distancing guidelines.
“We have removed the lounge chairs. Hopefully, we will bring them back when we do reach green, but because of the transmission (risk of COVID-19) and the surface cleaning, we have taken those out. We will limit the number of people at the outside pools,” Hansen said.
Social distancing guidelines will also be followed in fitness classes, which are also reopening.
Salt Lake County recreation centers open June 1
- County Ice Center – 5201 Murray Park Lane, Murray, 385-468-1650
- Dimple Dell Recreation Center – 10670 South 1000 East, Sandy, 385-468-3355
- Fairmont Aquatic Center – 1044 Sugarmont Drive, Salt Lake City, 385-468-1540
- JL Sorenson Recreation Center – 5350 West Main Street, Herriman, 385-468-1340
- Magna Recreation Center – 3270 South 8400 West, Magna, 385-468-1835
- Millcreek Community Center– 2266 East Evergreen Avenue, Millcreek City, 385- 468-1380
- Northwest Recreation Center – 1255 Clark Avenue, Salt Lake City, 385-468-1305
- Salt Lake City Sports Complex – 645 South Guardsman Way, Salt Lake City, 385- 468-1925
- Taylorsville Recreation Center – 4948 South 2700 West, Taylorsville, 385-468-1732
More information can be found here.