Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
HOMESCHOOL PURGATORY – Amid our turbulent times, many parents have been drafted to become teachers to their homebound children.
This juggling of schedules and responsibilities can prove difficult for some parents. Props to all the employee/parents watching maturation videos with their kids during lunch breaks (like my manager, Josh). Also, exponential props to everyone wrestling multiple children for weeks. “Recess” is not enough of a rest for all the parent-teacher heroes in our world right now.
Here’s one skit that perfectly encapsulates the craziness that is impromptu homeschooling and will hopefully get you to smile.
There’s several fun homeschooling messages we can get from this video.
- Kids’ school structure has been upended. Consider a superfluous hall pass or fake bell noise to remind them of normalcy. If you want to spice things up, make a school playlist with your kiddos!
- Google, Siri, Cortana, etc. are a parent’s best friend.
- Teach your kids how math problems apply to real-world couponing. There will never be a better time.
- Curriculum has changed. A lot. Just do your best!
- Consider coaching your kids through their student-teacher checkups. Or at least, try to make the situation seem livable.
So, if you’re struggling during these strange times, just remember: We’re all figuring this out together ... and if the house hasn’t burned down, you’ve already won today.