Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Four adults who were found dead in a home in central Arkansas over the weekend died from carbon monoxide poisoning, police said Wednesday.
Officers who were conducting a property check Sunday found an open door and discovered the bodies of three men and a woman, North Little Rock police said.
During the death investigation, detectives discovered a welder/generator that had been reported stolen Sunday morning from a nearby construction site, police said.
Police said the welder/generator was found in an enclosed storage room underneath the home and that authorities believe that was the source of the carbon monoxide.
Police on Wednesday identified the four dead as Brandi Russell, 36; Tracy Hampton, 51; Deon Lindsey, 47; and Christopher Cross, 47.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.