News / Utah / 

South Jordan man treated for burns after overnight house fire

South Jordan man treated for burns after overnight house fire

(Insertcrysis, Shutterstock)



Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH JORDAN — A man is being treated for burns after a basement fire erupted at his South Jordan home Friday night.

Firefighters responded to reports of a house fire at 10223 S. 2950 West about 11:05 p.m., according to South Jordan Battalion Chief Michael Richards. Crews arrived to find light smoke coming from the house and two occupants standing outside.

The occupants were an adult brother and sister, Richards said, and the male had burns on his body. He was treated and subsequently transported to the hospital, where he was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Burn Center.

“That patient is currently in stable condition,” Richards said. “The hospital’s hoping to be able to discharge them within the next few days, so it sounds like they are doing well.”

Firefighters discovered a fire in the basement of the home put it out within 45 minutes, Richards said, containing it mostly to that basement. Investigators believe an “electrical issue” is to blame for the fire, he said.

Officials estimate the fire caused about $80,000 in damage.

Contributing: Dan Bammes, KSL NewsRadio

Tags

Utah

SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

KSL Weather Forecast