Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police say Justin Bieber will not be charged for accidentally hitting a celebrity photographer with his pickup truck last month.
Beverly Hills police Lt. Elisabeth Albanese said Thursday that investigators had determined there were no violations by either Bieber or the photographer and no citations will be issued.
Bieber accidentally struck the 57-year-old paparazzo in Beverly Hills, California, after leaving an event on July 26.
Police have said Bieber was cooperative after the incident. It occurred days after Bieber canceled his Purpose World tour before wrapping it up with several performances in Asia.
The 23-year-old wrote a lengthy Instagram post late Wednesday saying he was grateful to his fans but also wanted his life and career to be sustainable. The post didn't directly mention the July 26 accident.
"Me taking this time right now is saying I want to be SUSTAINABLE. I want my career to be sustainable, but I also want my mind heart and soul to be sustainable. So that I can be the man I want to be, the husband I eventually want to be and the father I want to be," he wrote.
Bieber, who has sold millions of albums, released hit songs and won a Grammy Award, has had troubles throughout his eight-year music career. He wrote that he's not perfect, but trying to do his best.
"Im VERY aware I'm never going to be perfect, and I'm gonna keep making mistakes but what I'm not gonna do is let my past dictate my future," he wrote. "What I'm not gonna do is be ashamed of my mistakes. I wanna be a man that learns from them and grows from them!"
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.