Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
BERLIN (AP) — German prosecutors say they raided the apartment of a man suspected of helping plan an attack on a Germany-Netherlands soccer match last month, but made no arrests.
Authorities abruptly called off the Nov. 17 match in Hannover, citing a threat of an attack and evacuating the stadium. No explosives were found and no arrests made at the time.
Federal prosecutors said they searched Thursday the apartment of a man suspected of planning an attack on the game along with other people whose identity is unknown. They wouldn't give further details Friday.
The weekly Der Spiegel reported, without citing sources, that the suspect is a 19-year-old student who had posted a short video from the stadium in which the Islamic State group's name is said, among other things.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.