Estimated read time: Less than a minute
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
GLOVER, Vt. (AP) — A broken boiler hose led to the evacuation of 40 residents at a Vermont nursing home over the weekend.
The Caledonian Record (http://bit.ly/1FnllZT) reports the owner of the Union House Nursing Home in Glover said the main line from the boiler separated, setting off the sprinkler system Saturday.
Damage was limited to water from the sprinkler and damage to the ceiling.
Residents were evacuated to other facilities. It was hoped they would be back in their rooms by Tuesday.
Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonianrecord.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.