(KSL News) A Montana man who is hospitalized at the University of Utah burn unit saw his twin daughters graduate from high school today via streaming video.
Rick Starkey suffered second- and third-degree burns over 40 percent of his body when he accidentally contacted a live wire while working to restore power after a car struck a utility pole.
He's been hospitalized and away from his family since April 15.
But today Starkey watched, thanks to a donated laptop computer, as daughters Samantha and Amanda graduated.
"It's cool," he said. "I wish I was there. I guess if I was there this wouldn't have happened."
Montana-based Vision Net donated the streaming video technology, and a technician installed and managed the video feed in Malta, Montana.