This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
HOUSTON (AP) — A spokesman for George H.W. Bush says that the former president will remain in a Houston hospital for now but that news of a "possible discharge" could come soon.
Family spokesman Jim McGrath said Sunday the 90-year-old will remain for now at Methodist Hospital for observation after experiencing shortness of breath earlier this week.
Bush, the oldest living former U.S. president, was taken by ambulance to the hospital Tuesday for what was reported as a precaution.
Two years ago he spent nearly two months, including Christmas, at the same hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough and other issues.
He suffers from a form of Parkinson's disease that has forced him to rely on a motorized scooter or wheelchair, although in June he celebrated his 90th birthday with a skydive.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.