News / Utah / 

Derek Peterson/KSL TV

Grantsville home consumed in barbeque grill fire

By Jordan Ormond | Posted - Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:50 p.m.


3 photos

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

GRANTSVILLE — A barbeque grill caught fire Sunday evening and burned down a home, near 6200 South and Burmester Road. When firefighters arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames.

The fire started just before 6:30 p.m. North Tooele County Fire District spokesman Ryan Willden said the homeowner tried to put the fire out, but it got away from him.

"When he went back to the back of the home to put the fire out with a hose, the fire had gotten out of hand and the propane tank had exploded," Willden said.

Firefighters said water supply in the area made fighting this fire difficult, but they were able to contain it to the house and area around it, and no other homes in the area were threatened. The home itself was total loss.

Neither the man nor and his daughter who was with him were injured. A total of four people lived in the home and are now staying with family nearby.

The Utah Red Cross is helping to provide food and clothing for the family.

Contributing: Amie Martin


Photos

Jordan Ormond

    SIGN UP FOR THE KSL.COM NEWSLETTER

    Catch up on the top news and features from KSL.com, sent weekly.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast