OGDEN — Two dogs were rescued from a house fire and are doing well after firefighters used a pet oxygen mask system.
Wednesday at 7:20 p.m., Ogden City Fire Department and Northview Fire Agency responded to a house fire in the area of 700 North and Liberty Avenue. The fire began in the kitchen of the rambler and caused about $10,000 in damages, officials said.
During firefighters’ search of the residence, they located two dogs. Crews removed the animals and took them to an ambulance, where they were administered oxygen by a pet oxygen mask system.
One dog was taken by animal control to a veterinarian for examination. Thursday, both dogs were reported to be doing well.
The homeowner was uninjured and is staying with family, Ogden City Fire Department said.