Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes
This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.
Ingredients1 pound bow tie pasta
2 cups frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup sour cream
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta. During final 2 minutes, add peas and corn, stirring to ensure they don't clump together.
- Drain the pasta mixture, rinsing it with cool water.
- Pull apart chicken. Chop any large pieces into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce and lime juice. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- In a second large bowl, combine the sour cream, pasta and vegetable mixture, celery, red onion, carrot and tomatoes. Toss well to coat. Fold in the chicken and cilantro, mixing until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve or refrigerate.