SALT LAKE CITY — Halloween is approaching, and there are plenty of things to do in preparation for the big day. Here, a few more options to round out the week with some spooky fun.
- Max Zipline canopy tour in Provo Canyon. Monday through Saturday. More info here.
- Garden After Dark at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City. Crafts, activities, light displays. Find out about monsters living at Red Butte Garden. 6 p.m.-9 p.m., through Saturday. $5 for members, $10 for public. More info here.
- Little Haunts at This Is The Place Heritage Park, 2601 E. Sunnyside Avenue, Salt Lake City. Story Witch, trick-or-treating, = pony rides, train rides and take-home crafts. More info here. Runs through Oct. 20.
Oct. 19- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in Concert at the Cache County Fairgrounds. runs through Oct. 27. Ticket/show info here.
- 3rd Annual Monster Show At Blonde Grizzly, 213 East 300 South, Salt Lake City. More info here.
- 11th Annual Pumpkin Fest, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. at the Gateway, near the fountain. More info here.
- The Goblin's Masquerade at Crone's Hollow, 2470 S. Main Street. 7 p.m. $30 for early tickets, $40 at the door. Food, Witches Brew, souvenir photos are included. Prizes for the best fantasy costumes. 18 and over only.
- Fight Cancer with Color, 321 W. Stillwater Drive, Saratoga Springs. Boutiques from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., color festival from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Fundraiser for Jack Rapp, who is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
- Betty concert at In the Venue. 11 band lineup, show starts at 3 p.m. Bands being featured are Wicked This Way Comes, Betty Hates Everything, Ascending Irony, Geppetto, Zombiance, The Zero Summers, Lotharium, Sparks Fire, After Earth, After the Falling and The Thrill Collective. Come in costume.
- What's in the Old Haunted House? puppet show with original songs. Audience helps tell the story of Halloween. At the Smith Library, 810 E. 3300 South, Salt Lake City.
- Monster Mash Wedding Bash murder mystery dinner theater at Boccia's Pizza Bistro, 1045 N Washington Blvd., Ogden. Event information/tickets here.
- Hyrum Dam Scary Fun Run, Hyrum State Park. Information/registration here.
- Caterina's Halloween Spectacular, 2155 S. Highland Drive, Salt Lake City. Dinner buffet and dancing. More info here.
- 50th year of Pumpkinland at Vineyard Garden Center, 435 S. Geneva Road, Orem. $4 per person ages 3 and up. Corn Maze, bounce houses and slides, animals, multiple playgrounds, "light alley." Selection of pumpkins, gourds, indian corn and fall squash. Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. For more info call 801-225-4367 or visit www.vineyardgardencenter.com.
SALT LAKE CITY — Halloween is approaching, and there are plenty of things to do in preparation for the big day. Here, a small sampling (with a couple fundraisers thrown in).
Are there events you'd like to see included? Email us. We'll include them in Wednesday's edition.
Salt Lake Valley
- Oct. 1531: Haunted Village at This is the Place Heritage Park, 2601 E. Sunnyside Ave., Salt Lake City. $15 per person, gates open at 7:30 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 1527: Halloween Hoot on Tracy Aviary, 589 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City. Bird show, story time and Halloween crafts. More info here.
- Oct. 17: Boy Scout Jamboree Fundraiser at Hollywood Connection in West Valley, 5 p.m.-9 p.m. for cub scouts (admission $10); 7 p.m.-11 p.m. for boy scouts (admission $15). Tickets available at door from 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Includes pizza and drink from 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Parents/leaders admission $10.
- Oct. 20: Premium tea and fine chocolate tasting soiree at the Commander's House, 1965 De Trobriand Street, building 620 (located on U of U campus). $10 per person, semi-formal dress. 6 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 19: Improv Friends! Halloween show at the Echo Theatre, 145 N. University Ave., Provo. $5 admission, 10 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Oct. 20: Soccer fundraiser and carnival, corner of 400 North and 800 East in Spanish Fork. 37 p.m. Food, fun, and raffle. Tickets 3 for $1.
- Oct. 20: The Ghosts of Camp Floyd paranormal investigation. 5:30 p.m., free admission. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own tape recorders, film, digital and infrared cameras where park staff will assist participants in the use of their equipment in finding paranormal orbs, mists and sounds. 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield. More info here.
East of the valleys
- Oct. 1520: Homestead Resort Annual Scarecrow Festival, 700 N. Homestead Drive, Midway. 11 a.m.4 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 1527: Heber Valley Railroad Pumpkin Festival, 450 S. 600 West. Creative pumpkin decoration, children activities at the Train Depot and entertainment, 45-minute train ride across Heber Valley. Two trains each afternoon, 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. More info here.
- Oct. 15: Family Encounters of the Art Kind: encounter art with the entire family. 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m., free admission. 745 S. Main Street, Bountiful. More info here.
- Oct. 15: International mystery show — Halloween-themed magic at the Weber County Main Library, 2464 Jefferson Ave, Ogden. 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Free admission.
- Oct. 17: Halloween Scream Film Fest at the Weber County Library, Pleasant Valley Branch, 5568 Adams Ave., Ogden. Screening of Dawn of the Dead preceded by a discussion with Thom Rockwell, an independent filmmaker. More info here.
- Oct. 19: Creatures of the Night at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden. 5 p.m. $6 admission. Halloween activities for the entire family. More info here.
- Oct: 15: Live Music: Mikes Tavern featuring 'Antioquia' from 9:00pm to 1:00am at Mikes Tavern (90 W Hoover Ave, Cedar City), admission is $5 at the door. Antioquia will also conduct a West African Percussion workshop at Groovacious (173 N 100 W, Cedar City) prior to the show at 6:30pm. For information call 435-867-5990.
- Oct. 16: Children's Story Time held 12:30pm - 1:00pm at the Frontier Homestead State Park Museum (635 N Main St, Cedar City), free admission. For information call 435-586-9290.
- Oct. 18: More Than Ghost Stories: Paranormal Investigations in Cedar City held 7:00pm at the Frontier Homestead State Park Museum (635 N Main St, Cedar City). See what Park Manager Todd Prince and the other paranormal investigators have found this year. For information call 435-586-9290.
- Oct. 20: Y.E.T.I. Monster Ball, 11:00am - 5:00pm in the Cedar City Main Street Park (200 N Main St), free admission. Costume contest, dance off, prize drawing, games. In support of local nonprofit YETI (Youth & Enthusiasts Together for Ice) whose goal is to bring the opportunity of an ice rink facility to Cedar City. More information here.