Crews contain shed fire at Fashion Place Mall

21 photos
Save Story
Leer en Español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

MURRAY — A fire at Fashion Place Mall is under control, and people have been allowed back into the shopping center.

The fire started around 3:45 p.m. in a shed outside of the Nordstrom's building. The shed had been used as an overflow janitorial storage area, holding paper towels and toilet paper, as well as other janitorial supplies.

An employee of the mall attempted to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, said Murray Fire Department Assistant Fire Marshall Russell Groves, but was unsuccessful. Fire crews responded and were able to contain the blaze.

The fire was contained to the shed and did not cause any damage to the mall buildings, but did cause some damage to a trailer delivering product to the mall.

The mall was evacuated as a precaution, but fire crews have allowed people back inside the buildings.


Most recent Utah stories

Related topics



    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast