1 injured in explosion at mobile home

3 photos
Save Story
Leer en español

Estimated read time: Less than a minute

This archived news story is available only for your personal, non-commercial use. Information in the story may be outdated or superseded by additional information. Reading or replaying the story in its archived form does not constitute a republication of the story.

SOUTH SALT LAKE — South Salt Lake fire officials now believe an explosion at a mobile home this morning was related to propane used for heating.

One person inside the mobile home near 150 West and 3300 South suffered second and third degree burns over 50 to 60 percent of his body when the home exploded around 7 a.m. Neighbors say he was conscious when emergency crews transported him to a hospital. No word on his condition.

Fast-acting neighbors used fire extinguishers to try to put out a fire that followed the blast.

Fire crews say there is no natural gas service to the mobile home park, so propane is used for heating. It's not clear what caused the propane to leak then ignite.

Stay with ksl.com, KSL Newsradio and KSL TV for updates as they become available.


Most recent Utah stories

Related topics

Andrew Adams and Shara Park


    Get informative articles and interesting stories delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe to the KSL.com Trending 5.
    By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    KSL Weather Forecast